Description

Non-affiliated, Non-lengthy, Non-articles about Transformers

Tuesday 14 October 2014

Ceji Joustra Diaclone Artwork for sale on eBay - UPDATED



For any fans of Ceji Joustra's Diaclone line, specifically the wonderful comic and box artwork that the toy line is famous for, RpChristophe (Joustra-Diaclone.com) and I have been informed by renowned artists Paul and Gaetan Brizzi that their original artwork for the "War On Diaclona" comic accompanying most Joustra Diaclone toys will be listed on eBay starting today, read on for the link.

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for any art, toy or robot enthusiast to grab a piece of unique history, one that will probably never arise again. The individual pages from the original 10 chapters of the comic where the box artwork for the toys was drawn from will be put up for sale by the artists themselves one episode/chapter at a time, and I will update this post with a link to the auctions as soon as they go live, so it might be an idea to bookmark this page. There is the possibility of further goodies being listed if these go well.

Of course I had hoped that I would be able to secure some of this artwork (especially Ligier's) for my own collection privately over the last 3 years, but it was not to be. So now my chance is the same as yours, open auction where the highest bid wins. I can only hope that as much of the art can be kept together as possible, that the auctions are allowed to run their full course and will not be ended early, and that the eventual owner(s) will appreciate the work as much as Joustra Diaclone lifers like RpChristophe and I would.

For everything the work of the Brizzi twins has given us, advertising this sale and raising awareness is the least that we could do for the artists themselves, so integral was their work in putting Joustra Diaclone firmly on the robot collecting map. Were it not for Joustra Diaclone, I wouldn't be collecting or writing today.

Good luck to all, keep your eyes open for the links on here and Joustra-Diaclone.com throughout the next couple of months. Here's the first auction:


Watermark added as per artists' request
Please forgive my mentioning this, but it brings me enormous pride to see my own Joustra Diaclone article text used in the description by those responsible for inspiring me to write it in the first place. If I cannot have the artwork, at least I shall always have that.

All the best
Maz


1 comment:

  1. BY THE MATRIX!!!!!! Wave 2 comic y'all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete